- Unpacking India's CBDC Pilots as Country Prepares for Digital Rupeeby Amitoj Singh on February 8, 2023
India wants to launch its central bank digital currency at a national level by the end of 2023, but early into its pilot, the Reserve Bank of India has identified challenges.
- First Mover Asia: Bitcoin Flirts With $23.4K as Jerome Powell Repeats Comment About Waning Inflation; Market Weighs DCG-Genesis Deal With Creditorsby Sam Reynolds on February 8, 2023
ALSO: Stakeholders in the venture capital industry explain why embattled crypto trading firm Alameda Research will not be missed. Bitcoin and ether rise.
- Blockchain-Based Render Network Token Rising After Community Vote for New Burn-and-Mint Modelby Jocelyn Yang on February 7, 2023
The utility token of Render Network has jumped 80% over the past seven days following the passage of a new tokenomics model proposal on the network.
- SEC Directs Examiners To Focus on How US Broker-Dealers Are Pitching Cryptoby Jesse Hamilton on February 7, 2023
U.S. broker-dealers and investment advisers that deal in crypto will get extra scrutiny from Securities and Exchange Commission examiners this year, according to the agency’s annual examination priorities announced Tuesday.
- Argentina's National Securities Commission to Set Requirements and Rules for Crypto Companiesby Andrés Engler on February 7, 2023
The jurisdiction of that agency is specified in a bill that is under discussion in the Argentine Congress.
- Designer Sean Wotherspoon Launches First Digital Wearables Collection on MNTGEby Rosie Perper on February 7, 2023
The inaugural collection takes inspiration from vintage pieces in the Nike collaborator's own closet.
- Trial Lawyer Breaks Down Legal Considerations for NFTs and Trademark Lawby Fran Velasquez on February 7, 2023
David Leichtman, a managing partner at law firm Leichtman Law PLLC, discusses the legal implications that copyright and trademark law could have for NFTs and creators moving forward.
- Sam Bankman-Fried Appeals Judge’s Decision to Reveal Names of His $250M Bond Backersby Nelson Wang on February 7, 2023
Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled early last week that the two currently unidentified people who co-signed the bond could be made public.
- Bitcoin Favored Over Ether by CME Traders So Far This Year, Arcane Research Report Showsby Jocelyn Yang on February 7, 2023
Open interest in bitcoin futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange has risen, while ether’s has declined, according to an Arcane Research report.
- NFT Market Share Battle Ramps Up Between OpenSea and Blurby Sage D. Young on February 7, 2023
A side-by-side comparison between the two NFT marketplaces suggests that while Blur has seen rapid growth in NFT volumes, it is still lacking behind OpenSea in terms of number of sales and interacting wallets.
- Kazakhstan's President Signs Legislation to Limit Energy Usage of Crypto Miningby Eliza Gkritsi on February 7, 2023
The new legislation also calls for government-approved mining pools.
- ‘It’s Time for Crypto to Put on Big Boy Pants’: 5 Ways TradFi Investors Are Rethinking Crypto in the Wake of FTXby Angelo Calvello on February 7, 2023
Pension funds, endowments, foundations and large family offices are key to crypto’s future. How do they look at the industry now? Angelo Calvello checks in with 15 asset-owners.
- Bitcoin Rises to $23.3K as Jerome Powell Repeats 'Disinflationary Process' Commentby Stephen Alpher on February 7, 2023
The Fed chair spoke days after the central bank last hiked interest rates.
- Cloud Mining Firm BitFuFu to Delay SPAC IPO as Appetite for Crypto Stocks Languishesby Eliza Gkritsi on February 7, 2023
The company has now set a deadline of May to complete its listing.
- Bitcoin On-Chain Metrics Look Bullish, Bitfinex Report Highlightsby Lyllah Ledesma on February 7, 2023
The supply “in profit,” a measure of market sentiment, has risen 20% since January.
- SEC Warns That Retirement Accounts’ Crypto Stakes May Be Unregistered Securitiesby Jesse Hamilton on February 7, 2023
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) again made its case Tuesday that crypto assets are often unregistered securities being traded on unregistered exchanges, issuing an investor alert warning that people should be wary of crypto in individual retirement accounts (IRAs).
- Shiba Inu-Themed Floki to Release Chinese Version of Its Upcoming Valhalla Gameby Shaurya Malwa on February 7, 2023
China’s crypto policies remain highly restrictive, but that’s not stopping some crypto projects from trying to attract users from the country.
- Don't Call It 'Britcoin': Digital Pound Nothing Like Crypto, Bank of England Official Saysby Sandali Handagama on February 7, 2023
- Democratic Lawmakers Look to Compel Crypto Miners to Disclose Energy and Emissions Databy Eliza Gkritsi on February 7, 2023
In a letter to the EPA and Department of Energy, the Senate and House members seemed impatient for more data from miners.
- Turkish Nonprofits Raise Millions of Dollars in Crypto for Earthquake Responseby Sage D. Young on February 7, 2023
Organizations are using cryptocurrencies – borderless by nature – to get international aid into Turkey.
- Alleged Crypto Money Launderer Tied to Ransomware Attacks Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy Chargeby Nikhilesh De on February 7, 2023
Denis Dubnikov, an alleged Russian crypto money launderer arrested in the Netherlands last summer, pleaded guilty to a charge of "conspiracy to commit money laundering" on Tuesday.
- US Prosecutors Ask for Postponement of SEC, CFTC Cases Against Sam Bankman-Friedby Nelson Wang on February 7, 2023
The prosecutors are asking that the civil cases be put off until the criminal case against FTX’s founder is decided.
- Crypto Super Bowl Advertising Will Be Absent This Yearby Helene Braun on February 7, 2023
News television channel Fox said Monday that it barred cryptocurrency commercials in this year’s Super Bowl on February 12th following the collapse of crypto exchange FTX, the New York Post reported earlier.
- US Judge Rejects Bankman-Fried's Bail Modification Requestby Nikhilesh De on February 7, 2023
A federal judge rejected a joint request to modify Sam Bankman-Fried's bail conditions to allow him to use certain messaging tools.
- Crypto Lender SALT Raises $64.4M to Resume Operationsby Brandy Betz on February 7, 2023
The crypto lender paused operations after the collapse of crypto exchange FTX.