- Etherscan Set to 'Deprecate' Ethereum’s Ropsten and Rinkeby Testnetsby Margaux Nijkerk on October 4, 2022
Developers should migrate to Goerli and Sepolia networks ahead of tomorrow’s shutdown.
- With Crypto Governance in CFTC Crosshairs, Sushi Exchange Mulls Legal Shakeupby Danny Nelson on October 4, 2022
Outside lawyers have told SushiSwap to restructure around legal entities. In the wake of Ooki, will the DAO listen?
- Kim Kardashian's EthereumMax Promotion Was a 'Gift' to the SECby Fran Velasquez on October 4, 2022
Lisa Bragança, former SEC enforcement branch chief, joined “First Mover,” to discuss the implications for celebrities after reality TV star Kim Kardashian was fined for upwards of $1 million by the SEC for promoting crypto tokens.
- Bitcoin: Barclays es optimista y ve a la minera Core Scientific como la mejor apuesta de apalancamientoby Will Canny on October 4, 2022
Barclays inicia cobertura de la compañía minera de bitcoin con calificación de compra equivalente.
- Kim Kardashian, EthereumMax and the SEC's Publicity Grabby Daniel Kuhn on October 4, 2022
- NFT Firm Seeks US Election Commission’s Approval to Market Campaign Souvenirsby Jesse Hamilton on October 4, 2022
In the grand political tradition of campaign buttons – think “All the Way with LBJ” or “I Like Ike” – the crypto world is trying its own version, with a non-fungible token (NFT) firm seeking approval from the U.S. Federal Election Commission to offer souvenir tokens to political committees.
- Elon Musk Proposes to Proceed With Twitter Acquisitionby Stephen Alpher on October 4, 2022
Alongside a spike in Twitter shares, Musk crypto favorite Dogecoin has moved higher.
- Asset Management Giant Fidelity Adds to Crypto Offerings With Ethereum Index Fundby Brandy Betz on October 4, 2022
The fund has raised about $5 million since sales opened in late September
- Can Starbucks Bring Web3 Into the Mainstream?by Stephanie Hurder on October 4, 2022
- Mastercard Looks to Make Buying Crypto Safer With Risk Assessment Toolby Jamie Crawley on October 4, 2022
Mastercard is introducing a new service that will assess the risk profile of cryptocurrency exchanges with the aim of making crypto buying more secure.
- Empresa estatal de energía en Argentina incursiona en minería criptoby Andrés Engler on October 4, 2022
YPF está suministrando energía para una operación de minería cripto de 1MW y planea lanzar un segundo proyecto ocho veces más grande antes de fin de año.
- NFL Legend Steve Young's Firm Helps Take Metaverse-Related Company Movella Publicby Brandy Betz on October 4, 2022
Movella, a motion capture technology company, will list on the Nasdaq after combining with SPAC Pathfinder Acquisition Corporation.
- First Mover Americas: Bitcoin Busts Past $20K on Hopes of Fed Pivotby Lyllah Ledesma, Omkar Godbole on October 4, 2022
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for Oct. 4, 2022. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- Barclays Remains Positive on Bitcoin, Sees Miner Core Scientific as ‘Best-In-Class Leverage Play’by Will Canny on October 4, 2022
Barclays initiates coverage of the bitcoin miner with buy-equivalent rating.
- Valkyrie Funds to Offer Crypto SMAs, Challenging Ark and Franklin Templetonby Danny Nelson on October 4, 2022
The crypto-native investment manager will offer actively managed strategies that delve into bitcoin, ether and more.
- ‘Prohibitive’ Global Crypto Capital Norms Could ‘Derail’ Market, TradFi Groups Sayby Jack Schickler on October 4, 2022
Banks want to see caps on bitcoin holdings increased fivefold under planned global standards
- Blockchain Game Developer Horizon Raises $40M in Series A Funding Roundby Jamie Crawley on October 4, 2022
The round was led by Brevan Howard Digital and Morgan Creek Digital, it also involved contributions from traditional gaming companies Ubisoft and Take-Two Interactive.
- Bitcoin Gains Momentum on Fed Pivot Narrative, but Some Banks Anticipate Dollar Reboundby Omkar Godbole on October 4, 2022
Bitcoin rose above $20,000 soon before press time, extending Monday's "ISM-induced" gains as dollar continued to lose ground.
- EU's ESMA Raises Alarm Bells Over Growing Crypto Use as It Prepares for New Powersby Jack Schickler on October 4, 2022
The European Securities and Markets Authority is worried about consumer rip-offs, as well as novel risks like hacks and consensus manipulation
- Shares in Grayscale's Bitcoin Trust Trade at 36% Discount to Fund's NAVby Omkar Godbole on October 4, 2022
The shares first slipped into discount in February 2021 primarily due to alternatives like ETFs becoming available in Canada and Europe.
- First Mover Asia: Bitcoin Climbs Back Past $19.5K Amid Fresh Hopes for a Fed Retreat; Binance's Failed Plan to Boost the Price of Luna Classicby James Rubin, Krisztian Sandor on October 4, 2022
The largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization and ether both spent much of Monday in the green.
- Rare David Bowie NFT Collaboration With FEWOCiOUS Sells for $127,000by Cameron Thompson on October 3, 2022
The high-value sale on OpenSea continues a trend of celebrity estates minting postmortem memorabilia on the blockchain.
- What Is EthereumMax? Inside the Crypto Kim Kardashian Lost $1.2M Promotingby Danny Nelson on October 3, 2022
EthereumMax and the EMAX token won investors over with big promises and flashy names. But has it delivered?
- Luna Classic, Remnant of Terra Collapse, Drops After Underwhelming Binance Burn Mechanism Databy Krisztian Sandor on October 3, 2022
Binance’s scheme destroyed only 0.08% of the token’s bloated supply, too minuscule to have a lasting impact on the hyperinflated token.
- Court Rules CFTC Legally Served Ooki DAO Through Help Botby Nikhilesh De on October 3, 2022
The ruling came the same day a group of crypto lawyers and developers filed to join the CFTC's case against Ooki DAO.